Whether it’s preparing a protein smoothie to kickstart the morning or pressing some green veggies for a total detox cleanse, juicing is a daily activity here at Lakestone. An antioxidant rich green juice to start the day alkalizes the body, making it easy to digest and absorb all the nutrients. Thanks to these recipes, I feel brighter and more energized in the earliest hours of the day and I’m excited to share them with you all!
Morning Glow Green Juice
- 2 lemons (peel and pith removed)
- 1 medium to large cucumber
- 3-4 small green apples
- 5 to 6 stalks of celery
- 1.5 bunches of mint
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves
- 3/4″ piece of peeled ginger
- Grab a cutting board, a sharp chef’s knife, and your ingredients! Begin peeling and removing the pith of the lemon by cutting in a downwards motion around the contour.
- Cut the cucumber, apples, and celery into fourths. Put all the sliced veggies and fruits into your juicer of choice.
- Place the remaining ingredients (mint, cilantro, and ginger) into the juicer.
4-Ingredient Breakfast or Post Workout Smoothie
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of unprocessed coconut water
- Grated ginger to taste
- Optional: add protein for a post workout!
- Place the ingredients into a blender or juicer of your choice.
- Optional: add a protein of your choice. Some recommendations: chia seeds, almond butter, flax seeds, or seaweed.
- Blend together for approximately 1 minute or until all ingredients are finely mixed.
As someone who is big on juice, I’ve tried my fair share of juicing products and kitchen appliances. Currently, I am loving the Breville Juice Fountain Plus Juicer from Williams-Sonoma – It’s easy to operate, clean, and can be used for all of kinds of fruits and vegetables!